Created by: Fidelis Wealth Advisors
As we come to the end of the year, a question I receive a lot is: “What do I need to do before year-end financially?”
There’s way more we should do than we can do, but here are the top-5 easy things to do that will make a difference:
- Max out your 401K contributions:
- If you haven’t maxed out your 401K contributions for the year, and have the excess income to do so, think about funding a little more into your long-term retirement bucket these next few pay cycles.
- Make IRA contributions:
- While you have until April 2024 to make your 2023 contributions, if you have the extra cash or know a bonus is around the corner, it’s never a bad thing to get these funded.
- HSA Contributions:
- Similar to IRAs, you have until April 2024 to make your 2023 HSA contribution, but seeing as this is one of the most tax-efficient vehicles that currently exists, you want to prioritize its funding.
- Charitable Donations:
- Make your charitable donations before December 31st. If you have appreciated stock that qualifies, look to use this first over cash. Often a Donor Advised Fund can be useful organizing your donations.
- Big Purchases in 2024:
- Think ahead to 2024. Do you have any outsized purchases that you will be making. We want to be smart about how to invest your money and if you know a big purchase is around the corner, let’s talk about where best to park the cash in the interim.
Year-end is a busy and exciting time with many events and gatherings. Take 10 minutes to go through this check-list and determine if there’s anything you can do today.
Please note by using any of the links provided for your convenience, you will be leaving Fidelis Wealth Advisors website. The hyperlinks are to websites and servers maintained by third parties. We do not control, evaluate, endorse, or guarantee content found in those sites. Your use of such sites is at your own risk.
This blog is general communication being provided for informational purposes only. This information is in no way a solicitation or offer to sell securities or investment advisory services. It is educational in nature and not to be taken as advice or a recommendation for any specific investment product or investment strategy. This does not contain sufficient information to support an investment decision. Any investment or investment strategy mentioned may not be suitable for all investors or in their best interest. Statistical information, quotes, charts, references to articles or any other quoted statement or statements regarding market or other financial information is obtained from sources which we believe reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of this information. All rights are reserved. No part of this blog including text, graphics, et al, may be reproduced or copied in any format, electronic, print, et al, without written consent from Fidelis Wealth Advisors, LLC. Fidelis Wealth Advisors does not provide legal or tax advice. Please be advised to consult with your investment advisor, attorney or tax professional before making any investment decisions.